Garmin Problems ._.
I still haven’t uploaded my Death March Data to Strava — and there’s a good reason for that. Well, really, more a bad reason.
My Garmin doesn’t seem to be cooperating right now. Plugged it in last night, fired up Strava’s upload page, and no matter what I did, it wouldn’t detect my Garmin Edge 200.
Curiously, the unit does seem to charge.
I didn’t have time to do the basic troubleshooting crap last night, so I restarted the computer this morning, though now I can’t figure out where I put my Garmin. Blargh.
I am percolating a full Death-March writeup right now. I was hoping to get my data uploaded before giving that a try, but if I have to do without, so be it. Timothy also tracked the ride (we were hoping to compare data, since his Garmin was set to record total elapsed time and mine to record moving time only), so at least I’ll have some notion of how we did in terms of performance.
I can tell you that our best leg in terms of speed was the last eight miles or so, wherein we lifted our moving average from something like 9.2 to 10.something (I stopped checking once we got past 10.2). The off-road segments really slowed things down.
Anyway, I rode a bit (around 12 miles) yesterday and the legs felt decent. I’m officially into Almanzo training, now, with a 100k scheduled for April.
Slept amazingly well last night (for something like 10 hours!) and I’m feeling ready to get back out there. Today will be another easy day; tomorrow I am thinking about hitting up some hills.